Civil Aviation Authority Czech Republic (hereinafter “the CAA”) is a body responsible for enforcement of Regulation (EC) No 261/2004 as regards
provided that one of the following incidents occurs:
On the contrary, the CAA does not oversee air carrier´s obligations as regards
For more details see here.
1. A passenger first complains to the air carrier.
2. If the air carrier does not provide an answer within 2 months, or its answer is not satisfactory, only then the passenger submits the online complaint form available here:
3. The CAA notifies passengers upon receipt of the complaint.
4. The CAA requests a statement from the air carrier on the circumstances of the flights concerned within 6 weeks. The time limit can be, however, repeatedly extended depending on multiple factors (willingness of the air carrier to cooperate, request of additional documents etc.).
5. The CAA receives and evaluates the statement.
6. The CAA informs the passenger about the outcome of its investigation. Please note that such outcome is final.
7. The CAA forwards passenger´s bank details upon air carrier´s request.